Play Rugby USA is a national youth rugby development program that is about to launch their 4th season in Los Angeles.
The program is still growing and entering new schools and is looking to take on new coaches for this season which starts at the end of September.
The job description is below.
The coaching will take place roughly from 4-6 p.m., one or two afternoons a week at specific schools in L.A. This season we will be working at a new group of LAUSD schools in the Eagle Rock area, as well as the previous schools in South L.A.
Play Rugby USA – After School Flag Rugby Coach – Job Description
Los Angeles, CA
Play Rugby, Inc is looking for coaches to work in it’s LA after school program, starting in schools Setpember 2011. Coaches will be contracted as independent consultants and need to be available between 1-2 afternoons per week consistently for approximately 10 weeks to work with one or more school. Free training, which you will be paid for, will be given to all successful applicants, along with a comprehensive curriculum. Rugby playing and/or coaching experience are preferred.
Each Play Rugby USA coach will plan, organize and run after school flag rugby sessions for elementary and middle school students, using Play Rugby USA’s youth development curriculum. In this pilot program coaches will be working alongside (co-coaching) with after school staff. Responsibilities include coaching, being a positive role model for our organization and the game of rugby, and maintaining a good relationship with our program partners and their staff. All coaching materials and equipment are provided.
Pay is commensurate with experience.
Interested parties may apply online athttp://playrugbyusa.com/supporters/ listing their qualifications and desire to coach in the “comments” section, or by email / phone to David Hughes: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org / 310 991 7408
Minimum Qualifications & Experience :
- Must possess at least a high school diploma and be over 18 years of age;
- At least 2 years of rugby playing, coaching or refereeing experience;
- Must be a US Citizen or legal alien with social security number;
- No criminal record (background checks are mandatory);
- Previous experience working with children aged 8 or higher.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Prepare for each lesson using Play Rugby USA’s curriculum;
- Maintain positive, presentable, professional and energetic demeanor during each lesson to actively engage students;
- Establish a strong relationship with partner-staff, including the site director and teaching aid that may accompany the children to your lesson;
- Attend Play Rugby USA coach training workshops periodically, as required;
- Maintain regular communication with Play Rugby’s Director of Programs;
- Ensure rugby equipment remains in workable order.