Chris and Susan reside in Dili the capital City of East Timor with their soon-to-be two year old son Luka. Chris works for Worley Parsons as an Environmental Manager and recently completed studies on his Masters from SOAS University London.
1. Name/Nick Name: Chris Serjak
2. Significant Other/Children: My beloved bride of 13+ years, Susan Marx, and our 20-month old son, Luka Martin Serjak.
3. Birth Place: A native son. St. Johns Hospital, Santa Monica
4. Profession: Environmental Manager, International Development, Scuba Instructor
5. Years Played with SMRC Rugby: 1999-2005
6. Playing position: Loosehead prop
7. Most respected team-mates: Doug Bratcher, Aaron Blatt, Stu Krohn
8. Most respected opponent: Austin 2002 – their pack had an unstoppable rolling maul that knocked us out of the national playoffs way too early.
9. Most memorable rugby achievement: Winner of the ‘Scariest Costume Award’ at 2001(?) SMRC Halloween Ball at the Pier. Nothing scarier than a 110kg prop in a pink ballerina outfit.
10. Most embarrassing moment in rugby: The Big Blue Bus ride in full costume to that Halloween Ball