2013 kicks off the 10th season of Santa Monica Rugby’s youth rugby program, which has grown to include over 250 players from around Santa Monica and the Los Angeles area. Rugby team divisions range from U8 through U19 for both boys and girls. U10 and older are contact (tackle).
League play commences in January and goes through March for U8 & U10 & U12 teams, and through April for age grades U14 and above.
Newcomers are always welcome! Safety and fun are the top priorities as our certified coaching staff teach individual skills and team tactics. Training is usually two evenings a week in Santa Monica (Clover Park, Penmar Park, or Airport Park).
2013 Registration Information
1) Complete online registration (link below)
2) Submit copy of current insurance card to Team Rep
3) Complete hard copy of waiver and submit to Team Rep
4) Pay online (via registration) or in person
additional for New Players ONLY
5) Submit hard (or electronic) copy to Team Rep of either
b) birth certificate AND photo i.d.
6) Complete & submit 2013 Registration Form
Online registration system will also give you an opportunity to purchase socks, shorts, and/or rugby ball.
Dues for 2013*:
Boys U14/U16/U19: $225
Boys U12: $200
Coed U10: $125
Coed U8 (Non-Contact): $100
Girls U14/U16: $175
Contact Info & Coaches
Boys and girls who play with the Santa Monica Rugby Club train under the supervision and instruction of the highly skilled coaches and athletes of the SMRC coaching staff.
The SMRC coaching staff firmly believes that ALL youth players whether experienced or just beginning must be exposed to first class coaching at an early age in order to build a strong foundation.
Santa Monica Youth Rugby is a unique opportunity to learn from the best rugby coaches and players in the United States.
You can reach our coaches with the information below:
- General Information Kilian Kerwin | 310-572-6010
- U-19 Boys Charlie Lydon | 213-248-6615
- U-16 Boys Kilian Kerwin | 310-572-6010
- U-14 Boys James Gibb | 310-801-6677
- U-19 & U-14 Girls David Edward | 310-471-4559
- U-12 Boys Daniel Beattie | 310-572-6010
- U-10 Co-Ed Ian Grant | 626-318-2772
- U-8 Co-Ed Sylvain Doreau | 310-266-3509
Having trouble? Click here to Register for the 2013 Season